Sunday, March 15, 2009

Charcuterie Window in Paris



















Here we are in Paris, in the 16th arrondissement. I was on my way, on foot, from my hotel in the 15th. A nice, morning walk, past the Eiffel Tower, over the Seine, through the Trocadero gardens (all the while admiring the gorgeous fountains).

Through more streets of this pretty section of Paris -- quite residential -- on my way to the Marmottan Museum. I had been to the museum on an earlier trip and found it to be a delightful experience. A small museum, in an historic mansion, with lots of Monet paintings for me to ooh and aah over.

In Paris, getting there is often half the fun. Especially when you enjoy shop windows as much as I do. Here is the lovely display in the front window of a charcuterie, which is sort of a combination butcher shop and delicatessen. The day was a bit cloudy, so the photo isn't very bright. But the memory of those tasty items shines brightly in this tourist's heart!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thinking about the fabulous terrines they make in France after seeing this.